Sunday, January 29, 2012

Break Me and Bless Me

Break Me and Bless Me
Fall 2010

Verse 1
You speak and it’s unclear
My heart is clenched with fear
That what You said is what You really mean.

I cannot answer Yes, Lord,
For my heart, it seeths with greif,
And I cannot make myself believe that You would speak this pain.

Chorus
Through the long night, don’t let go
Though the day breaks, don’t let go
Fight with me, wrestle with me
Never give in to me: break me and bless me.

Verse 2
Your power is unmatched,
Your strength beyond compare,
And You will bring Your will to come to pass.

Still I fear You’ll let me win, Lord,
But I cannot acquiesce
O bitterest Friend, match blow for blow – don’t abandon me to my strength:

Chorus

Bridge
God of Jacob, my Portion, my Passion,
Ladder of Jacob, Who opened the heavens,
Spirit Who came down and who remains:

Peniel, Pen’el, uncover Your Face,
Lead me to Bethel from this desolate place;
My soul thirsts for You, the Living God.

Chorus 2
“In the morning, the fleece was wet,
In the morning, the fleece was dry,
And Moses could not run away from the burning bush.

Come and flood My throne with tears,
Come and match your strength to Mine,
For I will not let you break away from Me.”

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment